Remote Learner is pleased to announce that Totara Learn 11 is now available to our clients. Our development team has carefully reviewed the release for security, stability, and compatibility with the integrated plugins used by our clients and we are excited to share it. To upgrade your Totara Site to Totara Learn 11, contact our Support Team.
Totara Learn is Remote Learner’s enterprise solution for academic institutions and organizations in need of multi-course curriculums and complex user organization systems. Originally built on the core Moodle™ code, Totara Learn 11 adds a layer of administrative and course functions. This makes it ideal for delivering learning through individual learning plans that reflect roles, needs, and objectives. It is open source, highly flexible and brings powerful freedoms to digital learning.
For Remote Learner clients currently on Totara 9, Totara Learn 11 offers a treasure trove of new features and functionalities that improve the learning experience for administrators, instructors, and learners alike. One of our favorites is the new User Tours feature, which allows for the creation of automated, guided tours for new users or of new features for existing users. Here are just a few more of our favorites new features:
- Featured Links Block: Create custom graphic-based navigation across the site using your own uploaded images, giving you more control over the look and feel of your LMS.
- Persistent Log-In: Remove a step from LMS login by letting the site keep you logged in between sessions. You can also set password expiry as part of the self-registration authentication enhances site and user data security.
- Reporting Updates: The Report Builder now features a number of new report sources, columns and filters, alongside general performance improvements. Report updates can be also be scheduled – keep on top of changes with the option to send scheduled site reports to yourself.
- 360 Feedback self assessment: Users can now add their own evaluations for a fully rounded review process, ensuring everyone’s input is taken into the account for performance reviews.
- Instant Learning Access for Self-Registered Users: Learners are added to dynamic audiences as soon as they register on the site, allowing them access to all assigned courses, programs and certifications.
Totara Learn 11 also introduces new features designed to help organizations address aspects of data protection and user data management that support of new regulations like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which goes into effect on May 25th, 2018. The features include:
- Data Access and Export: Export data for any given user in a “human readable” format, allowing users to see any personal data handled by the LMS.
- Site Policy Consent: Create site-wide policies that require user review and consent. Policies can also be easily updated.
- Data Retention and Deletion: Admins can create and manage multiple “Purge Types” that specify retention, deletion or privacy requirements of various user data types.
Totara Learn 12 is anticipated to be released before the end of the year. In the meantime we are excited to get started incorporating all these great features on your site. Schedule your upgrade to Totara Learn 11 today by contacting your account manager or our support team.
Be sure to check out Learning Spaces, too. Register for a Totara Learn 11 webinar on Wednesday, May 9th or review training resources and documentation. If you have a Learning Spaces account, be sure to update your profile through the user menu in the upper right corner of the screen by selecting “Totara Learn 11” as one of your Preferred LMS Versions in order to gain access to the new materials.