The Remote Learner Products Team kicked off what will be a busy and exciting 2018 by making Moodle 3.4 available to our clients. The Moodle 3.4 release primarily focuses on improving the usability and performance of existing functionalities with features and upgrades that improve the user experience for administrators, instructors, and students alike.
Some of our favorite 3.4 features include:
- Better Calendar Management: A handy pop-up calendar window makes it easy to view and manage dates and times. Drag and Drop Calendar Events make it easy to quickly change calendar events by dragging and dropping them to new dates.
- Private File Storage Display: A running tally of storage space makes managing your storage limit easier than ever.
- Inspire Analytics: The Analytics plug-in is now available in core Moodle.
- Simplified HTTPS Conversion: A new HTTPS conversion tool makes it easy to convert embedded HTTP content to HTTPS.
- Improved Site Registration: The improved registration page encourages you to register your site and connect with the mobile app.
- More Efficient User Management: Teachers can now control course enrollments, message course participants, and track course access from a single screen
We’re excited to have Moodle 3.4 available to you. We encourage you to to talk to your account manager or contact our support team about upgrading. If you want a little more time to learn about and explore Moodle 3.4 before reaching out, check out Learning Spaces, where we have courses and a webinar available to walk you through the release.
Importance of Upgrading
Keeping your site on the latest version is about more than just new features though. An up-to-date site is more secure and stable, has fewer bugs and is more compatible with other systems in your learning environment. It also makes future updates (which at some point become unavoidable) much easier to complete. And we can’t forget to mention one of the most exciting benefits of updating your site and one of the best reasons to have Remote Learner as your partner: Our large and growing list of exclusive and original features.
Remote Learner clients don’t just get a supported platform, they get the ongoing work of an in-house team of experts who are constantly expanding the capabilities of Remote-Learner client sites. Developing these exclusive and original features for all possible versions of our platforms however, is untenable. So we support these features back to only the most recent long term supported version. If you’re not on Moodle 3.1 or higher, you might not have access to the latest that Remote-Learner has to offer.
Supporting You During an Upgrade Process
We understand that updating versions can be stressful and that there can be a lot of questions that come with a new version that impact an educator’s ability to do what they need to do on a day-in/day-out basis. We’re committed to helping our clients manage that change as painlessly as possible. Our Development and Operations teams thoroughly test new releases to ensure that client sites and their data are stable and secure. Our support team makes each new release available in a consistent and complete manner and is available 24/7 should there be any issue. All new releases are accompanied by comprehensive documentation, training resources such as self-paced courses and webinars, and user tours. And each client has a dedicated Account Manager who is your go-to person for any questions or concerns.
The world of online learning is changing at a rate that can feel exponential at times. Our job is to position our clients to be able to embrace that evolution with open arms through our expertise and support. An up-to-date platform to be one of the easiest ways to make sure you are ready for whatever is coming next.