The Remote-Learner Products Team continues a busy and exciting 2018 with the release of Moodle 3.5 to our clients. The Moodle 3.5 release primarily focuses on improving the safety and management of personal data as well as enhancing overall usability and accessibility.
Some of our favorite 3.5 features include:
- GDPR: New Privacy and Policies resources make it easier for institutions to meet their GDPR requirements
- Question Tagging: Allow tags to be added and filtered directly in the Question bank and when adding random questions.
- Course Images on the Dashboard: Images or coloured patterns brighten up course descriptions on the dashboard Course overview.
- Improved User Management Efficiency: Search, filter and bulk edit or delete self enrolled learners from the Participants and Enrolments screen.
- Clearer, more accessible fonts and icons: Enhanced appearance for users and better theming options for developers.
The Value of Long Term Support
Moodle 3.5 is also a Long Term Supported (LTS version) of Moodle which means it will have full security support for 36 months from the date of release along with general bug fixes support for 12 months. For organizations with limited technical resources, heavy usage, and complex use cases, this extended security support can reduce risk and disruption while increasing dependability.
We’re excited to have Moodle 3.5 available to you. We encourage you to to talk to your account manager or contact our support team about upgrading. If you want a little more time to learn about and explore Moodle 3.5 before reaching out, check out Learning Spaces, where we have courses and a webinar available to walk you through the release.
Supporting You During an Upgrade
We understand updating versions can be stressful and that there can be a lot of questions that come with a new version that impact an educator’s ability to do what they need to do on a day-in/day-out basis. We’re committed to helping our clients manage change as painlessly as possible. Our development and operations teams thoroughly test new releases to ensure that client sites and their data are stable and secure. Our support team makes each new release available in a consistent and complete manner and is available 24/7 should there be any issue. All new releases are accompanied by comprehensive documentation, training resources such as self-paced courses and webinars, and user tours. And each client has a dedicated account manager who is your go-to person for any questions or concerns.
The world of online learning is changing faster than ever. Remote-Learner is here to offer the expertise and support you need to navigate these changes effectively. An up-to-date platform to be one of the easiest ways to make sure you are ready for whatever is coming next. Contact us to upgrade to Moodle 3.5 today.