The Moodle® LMS is a Course Management System (CMS), also known as a Learning Management System (LMS) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Moodle is an open-source web application that educators and learning management professionals can use to create effective online learning sites. In fact, Moodle® is the most widely used online learning system in the world today, with an installed base of over 50,000 sites in 220 countries.
The Moodle® LMS has a feature rich environment that supports all forms of online pedagogy, including sequenced-based activities leading to a grade or certificate and social learning in a collaborative environment.
- Direct Learning Paths
- Collaborative Forum discussion boards
- Create Peer review Workshop activities
- Collaborative Wiki activities
- Robust Quiz engine
- Learning Blogs
- iTunes U
- Multiple, diverse Assignment types
- Poll learners
- Create learner Surveys and Questionnaires
- Synchronous Chat communication
- Virtual classroom through Adobe Connect or Elluminate Live!
- Create and syndicate Podcasts
- iTunes U Integration