The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) needed to adopt a more flexible open source LMS environment that could support its need to dynamically organize users into statewide groups and allow member organizations to manage all aspects of their training programs. The solution needed to be easy to manage, allow for future expansion and provide detailed analytics on all aspects of the 60+ programs available to members.
PCADV worked with Remote Learner to develop a powerful online training environment based on the Totara® Learn open source platform. This gave PCADV the ability to leverage some of the content and user data from an existing Moodle® system that was no longer robust enough to provide for the dynamic assignment of users into groups and other features identified as key to PCADV’s plans for future growth.
Given their history together, PCADV recognized Remote Learner’s expertise in building customized LMS environments for enterprise-level companies and non-profit associations. But it was Remote Learner’s ability to listen to the specific needs, understand the goals, and develop an easy-to-understand plan for execution that solidified the company as the right fit for the job.
- Re-branding of the PCADV LMS to a more modern design with HTML5 responsive framework for excellent performance on mobile devices
- Incorporation of content from other state agencies in a way that ensures users from various groups don’t see each other’s content
- Creation of various enrollment options which are dynamically displayed to learners based on their site-wide group
- Members of selected groups are allowed to enter courses for free, while others are required to pay for entry
- Overview and re-configuration of completion elements through the site to ensure that proper data is being pushed to reports
- Ability for select users in each member organization to run reports on their own people
- Re-training on the details of the overall solution so that PCADV administrators and staff have the knowledge to continue to manage the solution going forward
- Launched on time, on budget and beyond expectations
“A big thank you to Remote Learner for listening to our needs, coming up with a great solution and working countless hours on bring the site to life. Your work is so very appreciated!.”
– Lindsy Daves, Training Institute Manager
Remote Learner and Totara present this Impact Story at DevLearn 2018
Give Your Organization the Freedom to Innovate
10:00 AM – 10:45 AM Thursday, October 25
Expo Hall: Management Xchange Stage
Presented by: Charles Ackerman and Daniel Vecchi