Happy New Year! We at Remote-Learner hope you had a joyful holiday season filled with family, friends, and maybe a gift or two.
Remote-Learner snuck one last gift for our clients into 2018 with a new look for the Add-On Manager. Add-On Manager is a one-stop, self-service tool for installing, updating, repairing, and uninstalling plugins from your Moodle or Totara site. This new release – available for clients on Moodle 3.4 or 3.5 – focuses on a more intuitive and efficient user experience. And as the vehicle for over 400 plugins curated and vetted by the Remote-Learner team for use by its clients, Add-On Manager truly is the gift that keeps on giving. Watch a webinar on the new release below, or click here.
Add-On Manager Webinar
That was one of many “gifts” from 2018. Watch our last webinar of 2018 to see our staff’s favorite features, functions, and plugins released for Moodle™ and Totara in 2018:
Our Favorite Things Webinar
- Senior Product Manager Geoff Horsfall named The Syllabus Builder as his favorite release of 2018. The Syllabus Builder streamlines the process of creating, reusing, and repurposing the course syllabus by bringing its creation and distribution into the LMS.
- Training Services Manager Shelly McCollum selected the Site Policy functionalities available in Moodle 3.5 and Totara 11. Designed to support clients in their pursuit of GDPR compliance, these Site Policy functionalities allows you to create multiple site policies that must be agreed to by users in order to access the LMS, allows for versioning of site policies, and offers policy consent reports.
- Client Support Engineer Jesse Stilwell named a new HTTPS conversion tool available on Moodle 3.4 or higher that will automatically change all HTTP content to HTTPS. This improves security by making it easy to locate unsecure links that need to be converted.
As the calendar turns to 2019, the “gifts” will keep coming, even with the holidays behind us. The first quarter of the year will see the release of Totara 12, collaborations with new partners VidGrid and Motrain, and the release of four new plugins designed in collaboration with clients:
- Job Sync: This plugin enables user profile information to be mapped into a user’s “Job Assignment” fields in Totara.
- Account Sync: This plugin adds an authentication method that can be used for any user.
- Data Fetcher: This plugin runs through the task manager to copy information from a client’s computer to the production site.
- Map Block: This plugin displays sets of users that match custom profile fields and values as color-coded pins on a Google map. User sets can be filtered.
Look for more information on all of this and much more in the coming weeks.
We look forward to working with our clients to help them achieve their 2019 goals. It’s shaping up to be a big and exciting year.